The Virtulab is expanding its team and is looking for a Web Developer.
You will have an opportunity to be part of a global team that specialises in a niche sector, i.e., oil & gas and event services.
Due to the international location of our teams, you will be required to work remotely.
Employment type: Contract
You will be responsible for:
- Developing website and web app architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers and other developers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications, programming languages and best practices.
Web Developer Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 4+ years' working experience in software development with a portfolio to showcase previous work.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Familiarity with the MVC architectural pattern and Object-oriented programming principles.
- Advanced hands on experience with Angular.
- Proficiency in working with Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Firebase products such as Cloud Firestore, Authentication, Realtime Database and Crashlytics.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Understanding of OAuth authorization flows.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and BigQuery databases.
- Experience with the fundamentals of building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience with one or more frontend UI frameworks such as Bootstrap and/or Material Design.
- Strong Angular experience and NGRX (for state management).
In addition, your daily work activities may include the following requirements:
- Develop detailed wireframe documents and assist in software architecture design activities, including:
- API integration framework
- Front end navigation
- UI Requirements
- Attending review sessions to finalise any and all relevant design documents, and any other control documents, as required by The Virtulab from time to time.
- Optimise existing software in development and to bring it up to defined The Virtulab standards.
- Work with a network of freelance and contract developers on multiple project types, as defined by The Virtulab from time to time.
- Where possible develop (or design as required) mobile versions of design software.
- Create, maintain and develop marketing related content, in any medium, as required by The Virtulab from time to time.
- While working as part of a team, use imagination, judgement, skill and experience to
- Discuss with team members on any problems and the needs of the project, and
- Develop the final product.
- Ensure to meet high quality standards.
- Attend all meetings as needed and liaise with clients to provide progress reports, present deliverables, perform reviews, and other such duties.
- Perform reporting and feedback activities on all work undertaken whilst in the employ of The Virtulab including, but not limited to:
- Tracking of existing work
- Progress of existing work
- Historical data on current and past projects
- Work logs
- Instruction & review logs
- Ensure all work files belonging to The Virtulab are maintained and stored in an organised and structured manner, in accordance with The Virtulab’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all work is backed up timeously and correctly, in accordance with The Virtulab’s policies and procedures.
- Attend training, exhibitions and conferences as required by The Virtulab from time to time.
- Travelling to on-site locations for recon, development and review, as required by The Virtulab from time to time.
- Any other software related work, as dictated from The Virtulab from time to time.
- Need to be familiar with GIS - A geographic information system (GIS) is a
conceptualized framework that provides the ability to capture and analyse spatial
and geographic data. GIS applications (or GIS apps) are computer-based tools
that allow the user to create interactive queries (user-created searches), store and
edit spatial and non-spatial data, analyse spatial information output, and visually
share the results of these operations by presenting them as maps.
You must have:
- A mature and responsible individual driven by results and not activities.
- An individual with genuine interest in technology.
- A willingness to learn, grow, and admit mistakes.
- The ability to communicate with other people on the project's team effectively.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Effective Written and Verbal English.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
What you will get in return
- Flexible working hours.
- Open work environment.
- Remote opportunities.
- Training and development.
- Venture capital experience.